PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes at RAAF Point Cook
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2020, 00:52
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Dora - 9:
There are now a lot of very unhappy people at Point Cook who have contributed years of voluntary labour there. This understandable angst isn't helped by the attitude displayed towards them by the designated CO; not only is he firmly of the belief that ONLY the RAAF can fly aircraft but he's not a particularly nice man either. Actually IMHO he's an amazingly poor choice.
I know the type, having worked for two of them. Most unpleasant. That is why I have some dislike for the RAAF as an organisation. Little Hitlers don't survive in the Army Officer Corps because enlisted men have ways of "getting even" that weeds them out. The Navy is the same - we always got on well with sailors. RAAF were always prickly, part of which I understand comes from dealing with high priced equipment that had so called safety margins that would be unacceptably slim elsewhere. However there were a few of these rigid concrete thinkers with similar personalities that no one could make an impression on and anyone who tried was automatically an enemy......