PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes at RAAF Point Cook
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2020, 05:58
Dora-9

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Centaurus, you do have your ear close to the ground! There are lots of rumours swirling around about this; what I've heard is definitely third-hand (which I'll repeat because this is a Rumour Network after all).

The museum itself is apparently to remain unchanged but all flying assets (which I suspect will also include those at Temora) to become part of a new RAAF Squadron (I believe this will be 100 Squadron). The implication here is that the aircraft can then only be flown by Air Force pilots; there's already apparently much schmoozing going on with important/rich people so doubtless some exemption will be engineered for Mr Lowy. Also allegedly the Roulettes leader is already chasing the Mustang slot.

There are now a lot of very unhappy people at Point Cook who have contributed years of voluntary labour there. This understandable angst isn't helped by the attitude displayed towards them by the designated CO; not only is he firmly of the belief that ONLY the RAAF can fly aircraft but he's not a particularly nice man either. Actually IMHO he's an amazingly poor choice.