PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Recertification Testing - Finally.
Old 24th Nov 2020, 00:39
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
safetypee, I think you have not addressed the question VFR actually asked. It is not a question about manual flying or about whether training could compensate for a system problem.

The panel of experts assembled by the FlyersRights group in the pending FOIA lawsuit - or some of those people at least - have publicly questioned the same point. Is the MAX, if it is the same as it was produced in fact BUT without MCAS, more prone to entering a stall?

As I read VFR's question, reference to training was in a different context: MCAS supposedly obviated any additional training, because when it worked properly it made the airplane operate the same as earlier variants. Without MAX, some other training would have been needed (isn't this referred to as "differences" training - and that is not limited to manual flying, is it?).

As just SLF/atty I cannot even fake understanding all of the detailed insights into workings of safety factors and safety processes, but I see the question by VFR (and it parallels the same or very similar questions others have raised) is a lot closer to something deserving a plain English response. (No irony intended; many times chastised for extra wordiness, here I am asking for plain English....is this the time to say "hat, coat.....?)