PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2020, 21:25
andyl999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that your Father passed away, although 96 is a good number.

I've only just got a notification that you had replied to one of my postings, apologies.

I have not been up here after Reg "flew off" and I was starting to hit dead ends with my Uncle's research. I was trying to find out why my Uncle only completed Primary training at Darr Aero then appeared in Terrell in Texas to join BFTS1 to complete his training. I even went to Albany and the archives in Montgomery Airbase (that was another story where they in the entrance did not want me to enter the site to go to the archive!) and could find no records of him, apparently there was a fire at Darr Aero and the training records all got burnt.

As my previous postings said he completed his training and got posted to 64 Squadron as a Spitfire pilot then onto 154 Squadron where he got posted to North Africa where he was shot down by German "predictive flak" at the age of 20.

BTW his name was Sgt LVC Brooker, he had married my Mothers sister hence the connection.

Hope this helps? Regards Andy