PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southern Air 777 stall and recovery after takeoff, Nov 15th
Old 22nd Nov 2020, 14:41
tcasblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by QNH1013
Departure out of JFK, audio reveals airspeed low warning and also the config warning (overspeed?) likely during recovery.
Modified from my earlier post......

Airspeed Low warning? It has been a while since I flew the triple but don't you only get a quadruple chime for the airspeed low caution(along with some visual indications such as FPV which disappeared when the flaps were retracted) followed by stickshaker.

When I turn the volume up on the video, it sounds to me like the autopilot disconnect warning(siren). It is rarely heard because the pilot usually clicks the autopilot disconnect button twice. But the second click may not happen on occasion such as stressful situations.

Overspeed warning? I suppose you get a siren for an overspeed as well, but the pilot on the radio was saying stall repeatedly, so excess speed was probably not the issue.

Disconnecting the autopilot is a plausible scenario in a low speed situation.

Our company had a similar event when the slats were retracted accidentally at too low an airspeed by the F/O.