PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QantasLink trainee first officer...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2020, 10:16
homonculus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to give OP some more serious advice than the definition of frozen ATPL

Objectively the pandemic will be suppressed in H2 2021 in the first world and Q2 2022 worldwide but we have permanently changed behaviour. People will come back to offices but business travel will be lower. Taxation will go up and remain up for a decade eating into leisure and therefore vacation travel budgets. In short pilot recruitment will be suppressed hard for many years.....I was one of the last schoolboys to apply for a BA scholarship. When they stopped them the following year it was going to be for 2 years. I am now near retirement......

But as someone who does no longer earns his living from flying I have seen that a degree, the ability to pass exams and the aptitude to gain qualifications stands an individual in good stead for many other jobs. Many industries will be short of people to make businesses work. Biotech has scientists but often lacks management. Hospital management is crying out for competent people. The list is long. Infrastructure is about to increase exponentially. So consider a change of industry. You can still fly recreationally or even come back in a decade.