PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Doing Fine.
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2003, 15:41
Piper Arrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard things are still not fixed on the home turf. It appears the situation with the AOPA forum is still not fixed........

Quite a few members voice there concerns for an EGM.

From the AOPA forum..........
I HAVE JUST ACTIVATED ON THIS fORUM. Some will remember me as the former Editor of AOPA magazine. As such I saw Directors come and go.. I saw infighting and selfless work on behalf of the organisation. I was not allowed to comment politically while editor but now I am unfettered!

BUT

The Board MUST speak not with forked tongue but with one voice.

I am for a new election of officers...

And the sooner the better!

The present Board will be tainted with what people imagine not what they did or did not do.

Give us a break and start afresh! It wouldn't be the first time and it wouldn't be the last.

I back Ron Hayward in this.

I expect members are rattled somewhat by this dissention in the leadership and it behooves the leadership to clear the air promptly.

A new broom sweeps clean? This is what we were expecting from the last Board, but personal interests often come into play too. Hard to rid of them!

The Board also needs to answer emails and respond to concerns in a timely fashion. Communication between Directors and with members is essential.

I believe the Board has tried to do a good job and it is unfortunate that this incident has blown up...

BEACH BOY