PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weighing up a flying career, I’ll help.
Old 17th Nov 2020, 19:50
jadrolinija

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to see dissatisfied and disappointed people leaving this profession and leaving it for those who really love it...

Yes, this profession has positive and negative sides but if I had to choose again, I would choose same profession. If you want easy money as it was described above, don't do it... There is no easy money, and salaries are lower than mentioned. Maybe you get mentioned figures but it's gross in most of cases or net salary but in expensive places so you don't manage to save a lot. It's sort of profession where due to automation you might be bored and that's why you need to have a discipline, to do same things 100x if needed. You need good system knowledge which requires to learn in free time... It's not as easy job as it was described above, you have to be able to make fast decisions and be cold headed even if everything is falling apart, off days are used for resting and learning and revising manuals. It's shame to see that pilots before were respected and today considered as monkeys that do same procedures everyday...