PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 Harris, the final shafting
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2020, 12:31
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ezydriver
I would suggest that it depends to a large extent on the simulator type your cadets carried out their 120 hours of initial multi crew training. I would hazard a guess and say they did their training on an A.320 simulator?

My experience is with MPL students on a B.737-800 simulator.
The feedback from airlines with these cadets is not the unfortunate experience you describe.

Having watched the ITV series where EZY were carrying out base training etc, what you say comes as no surprise. Flying a stable approach on final did in some cases seem to be somewhat of a challenge !

Aer Lingus MPL cadets at FTE (until March) carried out their 120 hours on the B737-800 and not the A.320

As for 100 hours P1 on light ac, I am not entirely convinced. There is sufficient light ac flying on the MPL course to teach “the basics”: select the appropriate ATTITUDE and Trim. That does need to be taught properly, otherwise there is no solid foundation to build on.
It is possible that where your particular experiences all stem from: indifferent initial basic training.

Given the C-19 implosion the MPL scheme with it previous one sided financial arrangements is probably a dead duck anyway.
Your wish is granted.....

Last edited by parkfell; 15th Nov 2020 at 12:42. Reason: Dead 🦆 comment