PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Displaced Local Crew
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2020, 01:37
SW1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So after these guys visas aren't renewed. what next? its a win for the companies as they no longer have to employ you(they can't legally) and pay you.

How much flying are we all really doing, me I haven't been in a real aircraft since January. plenty of guys in the 777 at cathay are the same. HKE flying Taichung.

whilst this covid crisis continues, with all the measures destroying tourism etc. do you see a reason for airlines creating vacancies for the local displaced crew?

They can just say sorry we are not going to create a job for someone, put them through groundschool, sims, lfus etc for them to be sat on their arse for the next few months. Airlines are bleeding cash, they're never going to do the decent thing just to clear the backlog of unemployed pilots. immigration HAS the right to reject visa renewals etc. They DONT have the right to ask airlines to create jobs that don't exist. I sincerely hope all the displaced pilots find work soon, but not at the expense of those who have managed to keep their job.

Will they get that warm fuzzy feeling when there's another 500 pilots out on the street and they still haven't taken their place due lack of justification for employment?