PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extinction Rebellion desecrate cenotaph.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2020, 12:49
Captain Calamity

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TURIN
Would you mind editing that?

I have just watched it. The ex soldier (not a walt) very respectfully salutes the monument, pauses and then, with great care and with frankly, nimble feet for a man his age, tip toes around all of the other wreaths, being extra careful not to tread on any of them and places his wreath. Nothing at all like the message you have portrayed.

You have managed to wind up the usual JB suspects who, without viewing the video themselves have jumped up and down in outrage at your stupidly inaccurate description of events.

Shame on you.

I have no links with XR but I do agree with some of their views, but not their idiotic anarchic actions. This is not one of them.
+1 from me too. Bear in mind that Extinction Rebellion are not one big group, there isn't a membership and anyone can take action in their name - remember the plonker that climbed on the roof of the DLR to protest about people using public transport, for example?

I do agree with some of their views, and for sure climate change leading to global food shortage and displacing millions as fertile land becomes uninhabitable desert will likely cause war and suffering as those that have try to repel those that haven't. Nobody wants that, and but not sure that this was not the time or place to raise the issue - this was a time to reflect on those that have made the ultimate sacrifice, and to politicise this was not right IMO.