PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a Pilot YouTuber...
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2020, 10:14
nigelsomers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Car RAMROD
I’m just wondering how old mate is going to get this going?

I mean, he has the VET debt, so probably doesn’t want to start spending out of his own pocket to go flying, to put on YouTube, to then make money.

Or, will old mate be filming his flying when he is working for free, in the hope of becoming famous then and begin earning some YouCash, so that he then doesn’t have to work for free any more and then he can just go on being an influenza....sorry influencer....?

it sounds like he’s been suckered in by VET, and now being suckered in by the thought that he can earn a living from YouTube (yes, some do, but not many).

good luck with it, post your vids here. Let’s see how they turn out and whether CASA like them!
I'm not sure yet. I have a GoPro and some savings that I might burn on doing some flights and filming them. But yeah, it is just a thought because I'm trying to brainstorm how to earn money from this industry. I did ask about flying for free in another post to get some initial experience that might lead to something else. But YouTube is an option because maybe it could make enough money one day to be an actual job...