PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a Pilot YouTuber...
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2020, 10:10
wheels_down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
Best not to bad mouth an individual's career online if you're not fully versed with the facts of the situation. Most of us would've had speed bumps in our careers at some point.
Regardless said pilot is now checked to line and operating the same as any other pilot.

I've noticed a lot of those who are quite dismissive of him on some forms of publicly accessible social media are at a less advanced stage of their career, usually still in GA. It is very likely that some of them at some stage in their careers will join the same company and have that person sitting 3 feet to their left. Be very careful about what you will say online that will stay there forever because you don't know if you'll be sharing a flight deck with a target of your comments one day.
I understand your point however those who wish to play the game of in your face insta pilot need to expect comments regarding one self from all directions. If you can’t take the criticism by all means delete the accounts.

Perhaps it’s just me. If I was the CP, well it’s a turn off to me. Wouldn’t be getting a promotion from me with such profiles active. Maybe I’m just old school, and maybe this is what all the young ones do. Who knows, I don’t go checking.

All videos are taken at appropriate and legal times.
Is that right out of the operators social media policy is it? Laughable.

Last edited by wheels_down; 12th Nov 2020 at 10:23.