PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 5th Nov 2020, 23:29
Capn Rex Havoc

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts
146 - I am glad you will not respond to me.
This is my last response to you because it is not fair to have a battle of witts with an unarmed man!
I don't know what "Witts" is in the English language.

This thread was started by someone who sent out a dire warning, but instead of taking heed, people like your buddy Rex decided to ridicule the messenger and talk down to him like you do to a child.
At the time this thread was started, there was no known way of confirming the impending carnage. At the time there were a lot of people anxious about the future and the "warning" you are referring to was presented with zero evidence, but was causing a great deal of anxiety to the EK community. Unfortunately it has turned out to be true. I see the title of the thread has been amended from 30% to 50% (it probably should be revised upwards again.

The next issue is that you claim to have been in the sandpit for a long time, yet you think that should the remaining pilots volunteer for a pay cut, others might be saved. That is delusional! Management decides how many staff will stay and what remuneration they will receive. This is not a democracy and we have zero input to make!
I think you are the delusional one here mate. I was not suggesting that it was a job saving measure, I was saying that it was a charitable, LIFE saving measure to out colleagues who will have no income for food or other essentials for 12 months. I think the minimum wage for expat workers under UAE labour law is about 1500DHMs a month. Giving fellow company pilots that amount at least can make a big difference. If say 2000 777 pilots gave just 500 dhms a month to the 400 or so Unpaid leave colleagues, it is such a minuscule, doable, charitable act, that would make the difference between genuine hardship/ forced resignation, or staying employed.

I get it though, you don't want to do anything to help out, that is your right, sad though that pilots' wives can organise help but actual pilots would do nothing. There is NO solidarity amongst the pilot group in EK, in fact there never has been really. You have yourself a good day 146.

Oh Captain Sham - there was no option to choose acft types in 06, and as I had flown 717s and 146s, I didn't really care if I was put on Airbus or Boeing. Luck of the draw.