PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle-9
Thread: Newcastle-9
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2020, 10:10
Derry321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- Also, Before Covid raised it's ugly head, I had serious reservations re, Leon McQuaid and his route development team who promote themselves on the back of successes gained from previous management successes such as Dave Laws Emirates successful negotiations and paving the way for American routes, additional Scandanavian and European links etc... Route Development is sadly defficient at NCL as even loss of past routes would show a significant decline and lack of promotion at NCL under the auspices of McQuid and Co.[/QUOTE]

I also have to add my own experience in here - I worked with Leon and the route development and marketing teams at the airport around a series of charter flights for a tour operator a few years ago. By far, the team and NCL were (together with Humberside) the most proactive of any of the many UK airports that were also working with. From the beginning the support that they offered in order to get the programme off the ground through to promotion and launch was superb.

Whilst there are many issues at NCL, from what I have seen personally the competence of the route development and marketing teams is not one of them