PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 4th Nov 2020, 10:28
14 6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
donpizmeov

No Don, your mate had a foolish idea, suggesting the B777 guys ask TC for a paycut in order to save someone else's pay. That is delusional. How long have you been here?

You always conveniently miss the point when it suits you. No one ever suggested not helping their fellow man, but that does not include bailing out loans. You specifically mentioned people who can not make their payments. Do you think that the 380 guys at EK are the only ones suffering right now and worthy financial help? Wake up and look around you! People needing help have been right under our noses for a long time! One day, many years ago I walked into a SEP classroom and there was a brown evelope on my group's table. The trainer explained that the cleaners are struggling to live on AED200 after sending AED400 home and kindly asked for a donation. Sitting in this big, shiny building and trying to process what I have just been told, made me sick to my stomach. I sort of remember that it was during the yearly "PPRUNE-how-many-weeks-of-profit-share-are-we-entitled-to" season.

Let us not get all self righteous now that our group has been struck with calamity. Suffering has always been around us, but funny how we could not see it!

I will continue to help where I see suffering and I will do it privately.