PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 4th Nov 2020, 09:21
FoxAlfa21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
donpizmeov

Helping other pilots is not a problem, we have been helping many since the first wave in the extent of the possibilities of each of us, assuming that "Every 777 pilot should voluntarily ask for a salary deduction" is the problem.
Why?
What makes you believe those pilots do not have loans? or maybe used their credit cards during the salary deduction period?
What makes you believe they don't need the money to save for the future? So far nobody has their jobs 100% assured.
What makes you believe they are not supporting other family members that probably lost everything as well?

So this is very unfortunate for everyone being affected but at the end I Insist, each one is responsible of its own finances, If you cant pay a loan, that was a risk you took when signing for it, not me or any other pilot so for me that's an stupid excuse, sell a car, sell a property, figure it out. There is no other option and you can't survive in Dubai? Then unfortunately you might have to resign take your money and go back home, it is not the end of the world just a result of a crisis + bad financial planning.