PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Berlin Brandenburg
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2020, 19:16
thethirdfall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by atakacs
From the "masterplan" posted above I don't see any connection between T5 and the new T1. Is there a way to get from one to the other, ideally airside ?
This is one of the fundamental problems: no, there isn't an airside connection, only the S-Bahn train between them - which is paid for, even between the two terminals! Having said that, there won't be much in the way of transit anyway, so perhaps it's not much of an issue.

IMO, I think it was a mistake to rename SXF to T5 BER. It would have been much more sensible to keep it as a separately named airport, given how poor T5 will be in comparison to T1/T2. It's also confusing given that T5 is really two different terminals (I know, technically four) that are only connected airside, not landside, and I wonder if they won't take the time to change some things about how it operates. One major issue with T5 as it stands is that the non-Schengen gates are very, very barren and that queues can be unbearable in Terminal D arrivals if several non-Schengen flights arrive at once.