PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is the grass really greener? Perspectives from an escapee.
Old 1st Nov 2020, 19:58
JulyBlue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking back to those years in CX I am now confident to say that these were by far the worst in my career. Words cannot describe the pain and desperation the prince of darkness and his bunch of terrible people have done to my wife and myself. It took me many years to recover from the climate of fear that was prevalent in this airline. Some trainers used their head start of having done the type rating a few years before to intimidate me to compensate for their inferiority complex instead of training to confidence. I quite liked Hong Kong and its people but I despise this kind of company culture. If justice had been done, those responsible would be in jail.

I have done the right move at the right time, now flying through COVID uninterrupted and at full salary. If I stay healthy, I will retire from my last landing reaching the age limit without a single day of unemployment.

To the protagonists and to the people who kept their mouth shut: I was down, but I was not out.