PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2020, 21:06
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vokes55
Did it not occur to you that these hotels have been closed because there’s been near enough no British tourists in Tenerife, and now that British tourists are “allowed” again, they will be reopened?

I must say, the distinct lack of intelligence and common sense on this forum recently is alarming.
I mean this post pretty much contradicts it's self from the outset. You are saying that the distinct lack of intelligence and common sense on this forum recently is alarming, whilst saying that hotels will now be reopened again, some of whom rely solely on the British. I think some Hoteliers, knowing what the government have been like, will remain on the side of caution and would rather remain closed.

Some hoteliers have made the decision, the hard & difficult decision to close until next year in time for Summer 21 season. Others are not open to their full capacity due to staffing issues or not able to social distance with their maximum capacity the list goes on and on. Another point to make here is that the UK government gave very much, what the industry would say, very late notice. You can not just open a Hotel at a click of a finger like you might like to think. So suddenly selling holidays to Canary Islands isn't just about "quick sell 40 hotel rooms in that hotel". But you keep believing that.

Maybe do some research on the tour operator business. You may open up your very narrow minded opinion.