PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Recertification Testing - Finally.
Old 26th Oct 2020, 09:55
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
grizzled

Hear, hear! I'm no fan of "legal beagles" after various dealings (property sales, wills, divorces (yes, plural that last one too!)) where I have had to correct my legal teams on many occasions. I've even had, while doing my own conveyancing, one solicitor metaphorically crying on my shoulder she was so annoyed by the shoddy behaviour of her fellow professionals she was trying to deal with.

WillowRun 6-3's Post #433 (and #438) are a model of common sense and clarity - totally different to the usual legal-beagle mumbo-jumbo .......... to such an extent that one really has to ask if WR 6-3 is, indeed, a Lawyer? Such clarity is just so "out of the norm" for that profession!! There WR 6-3, you have your chance to "fess up"! Most of us will have witnessed "legal games" - par for the course. Where such "games" lead to a fairer outcome I'd support them; too often it seems more a case of "legal nest feathering" which we all pay for eventually!

Seriously, one hopes that the legal exposure regarding these two tragic crashes not only restores what appears to have been an "unhealthy" relationship which has developed between the FAA and Boeing, but will ripple out and be taken on board by Regulators and Manufacturers internationally - right down to the most junior staff.

To this day I have a few e-mails I've stashed away from various Contracting jobs where I have raised safety issues with my Clients but had those concerns swept away. While aviation will forever be a compromise between affordability and safety (tis just the nature of the life), the sad fact is that those who make such decisions will not be on the aircraft when it ploughs in.

Sadly, many people "talk safety" but actually have a poor grasp on how what they are doing each day may "impact safety" - hence my e-mails where I feel unwise decisions have been taken! And I'm sure I have fallen into such traps myself at times. If nothing else, by hitting the bean-counters where it hurts, it may help restore the balance for those in their "safety crusades" right down to the most junior of "hangar rats" who sees something odd/wrong.

What's that saying? "You think Safety is expensive? Wait till you have a crash!".

Last edited by Hot 'n' High; 26th Oct 2020 at 10:12.