PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Post stand down safety
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2020, 03:48
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
As above, Go Slow. Double and triple check. The guy or girl is next to you can verify also. Don’t be afraid to ask regardless of which seat you sit in, or how new or old you are. Talk behavioural in briefings, this worked well with one specifically for myself who was a tad nervous, and expecting the unexpected. He was more relaxed when I told him what I was probably going to witness, the behavioural challenges ahead, the pressure to outperform on his part was eliminated.

Having returned recently and having had a break in the past before, I sort of knew the behaviour that I was going to be faced with sitting next to me, and it was purely those rushing. I slowed it down significantly at times and they saw the light. We might have been late on a few occasions but I was satisfied with the end result. I’m not expecting my company to go me over being late, however some other countries might not be so lenient.

I also make a habit of not going to work every shift to talk about remuneration and management. Some get so lost in these discussions that they have some controller taking to them and they are so far zoned out they don’t even hear it. I’ve seen this multiple times when sitting in the jump.

Keep a close eye on some of our neighbours up north, specially loco’s based in the likes of Indonesia, Vietnam, Phillipines, Thailand.

Last edited by PoppaJo; 25th Oct 2020 at 04:04.