PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific ‘to axe 6,000 staff and Dragon brand’ in bid to stay afloat
Old 24th Oct 2020, 19:32
mngmt mole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, objectively speaking, there is no career at CX anymore. It's quite incredible to conclude that I went from working for arguably the best airline in the world to now one of the worst. The reality is that there is probably no way back from this. Either everyone refuses to sign and it heads to the courts, or (as I suspect), the majority will roll over prior to the 28th and effectively "volunteer" for the change to their contracts. You can earn almost 2 1/2 times as much with some of the mainland based carriers....that should help illuminate the reality of where CX has taken all of us. If you are under 55 (and certainly if married), there is really no way forward with this airline. I would spend my time updating my resume and considering almost any other job, particularly back home. Sadly, they have pulled the entire rug out from underneath us. It was good while it lasted...

nb: several KA pilots have just placed their homes up for sale....at 25% or greater drop below market. More to come...