PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilot re-employment ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2020, 11:35
aviation_enthus

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
I was at Woolworths (still am- casual) whilst stood down, prior to returning back to limited flying recently, Store Managers earn around 130k plus car, Assistant Store Manager 100k. Department managers around 90k. Most seemed to be jumping the promotional ladder fairy quickly. I guess the best bit is can be very close to home (well for me was 7 minutes and can leave home like 10 minutes before sign on). Seemed to be many opportunities in that company, quite the opposite to this industry. Culture and staff engagement left our company for dead, many things we could learn of these operators. Was always ongoing vacancies In Management they told me, just a nature or the business, as people cycle the promotional ladder in the company.
I’ll second this idea. Woolies was my second job for 5 years early in my career. I briefly explored the idea of climbing the corporate ladder when I struggled to get my flying career going.

In house training, opportunities to move between stores as well (anywhere within Australia, I transferred between NT and QLD twice).