PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific ‘to axe 6,000 staff and Dragon brand’ in bid to stay afloat
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 23:53
Progress Wanchai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ACMS
No, I didn’t add in any EXPAT benefits for HK. I also targeted 84 hours for both.

it’s not that hard to add up with the pay scales data tables in Cos18 and EBA 2020.

I’ve no interest in comparing one base against another, but the flaws in your numbers need to be addressed so that people can fully understand what they’re faced with in regards to COS18.

There is no factoring for block hours in COS18. No scheduled or better. No credit for sims, EP’s, sick leave, annual leave, etc. Previously it was possible for a pilot to achieve 84 credit hours a month, month in month out for the entire year. For a COS18 pilot to now achieve 84 hours a month they’d have to fly 1008 hours annually. Obviously impossible for a number of reasons. So let’s take the rare pilot that bounces of their AFTL limits. That averages out to 75 hours a month.

But DFO after DFO have complained that due to all sorts of reasons the average pilot does less than 700 hours a year. Let’s bump that up a bit and call it 60 hours a month. Look at your own logbooks over a 10 year period, divide the total hours flown by 120, then the resulting answer is the figure you need to put into the COS18 formula, not 84.

The real savings in COS18 is not the pilot bouncing off COS08 EFP limits or AFTL limits. It’s the average pilot doing his average workload as assigned by some individual in crew scheduling.

Last edited by Progress Wanchai; 24th Oct 2020 at 00:06.