PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 18:15
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
I know more than a little about cash flow, I also know more than a little about customer service. Fact is though that you can't use cash you're more than likely to have to return to punters unless you're pretty certain there will be more coming in, which presently in this industry you simply can't. As for customer service, being up front with customers will buy you loyalty; holding on to cash then procrastinating over returning it to disappointed customers will lose you good will faster than you can say "Jack Robinson". It is, I appreciate, a difficult balancing act.
But what’s so negative about keeping the bookings active and only cancelling them when they know for sure they won’t go ahead, which is currently the Thursday before the departure date, whilst giving the customer the option to change their holiday if they want what they deem as more certainty?

One might deem it to be negative customer service if a holiday is cancelled which turns out to be completely fine to go ahead, as has happened with the Canaries.

The fact is that Jet2 are the only airline that’s had to restore their entire Canaries program for this week, so they’ve already started at a disadvantage to everybody else.