PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 17:08
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 737James
I have a feeling that Tui were given a heads up on the Canaries restrictions being lifted, As I was looking at holidays to Cyprus earlier this week for Sun- Wed but Tui were really pushing Tenerife and Gran Canaria in the searches which I found strange as they had been off sale for such a long while. I am sure Jet2 will be able to react quick to get flights and holidays on sale for the half term peak
No heads up, all travel companies are informed of changes to travel corridors at 1640 on Thursday.

However, all travel companies also have the ability, like your or I, to track the infection rates in destinations and make decisions accordingly. Months of dealing with this destination roulette has probably lead to some companies working out ways to better keep money in the business. TUI have probably worked out that it’s better to cancel holidays after the Thursday announcement the week before than cancel months at a time and then be forced to reinstate destinations at short notice, like Jet2 have to do now. Giving the customer the option to amend leaves the ball in their court as to whether they want the certainty of a “safer” destination, or wait to see if their original holiday can go ahead.