PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New MOS139: CA/GRO & UNICOM
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 12:56
Traffic_Is_Er_Was

Location: QLD - where drivers are yet to realise that the left lane goes to their destination too.
Received 182 Likes on 75 Posts
so they would know what qualifications and experience is required at recruitment.
The qualifications required are listed in the MOS. The experience is whatever they are happy with. What their standards are could be completely different to what another company's is, because there is no standard. The competency of any CA/GRS is purely arbitrary. I could get a CA/GRO certification tomorrow, front up at my local aerodrome, sell myself and the service I could provide, get a job, and away I go. Whatever service and rules I apply to the job is pretty much up to whatever I decide they are. There's nothing to say CASA or AsA will ever come along and check up on what I'm up to, because there's nothing in the regs to say what they are checking against. This is the service to RPT's that is apparently CASA's get out of jail card when things are too busy and Airservices won't put in a tower. Effectively they are just hoping the guy knows what he is doing, and the pilots using the service are too, because they probably think the service is regulated and monitored with some sort of overwatch like other ATS are.