PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 21st Oct 2020, 05:48
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glenb
21/10/20

Dear Senator McDonald,

My name is Glen Buckley. Firstly I would like to convey my appreciation to you for raising my matter in the RRAT Estimates meetings currently underway. I have attached the link and refer specifically to Mr. Carmody's responses provided from 6:30 onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WNd...ature=youtu.be

I am fully satisfied that Mr. Shane Carmody, the CEO of CASA has deliberately misled you when providing his response to your questions. He leads you to believe that the only complaint I had was regarding a case of defamation. Mr. Carrmody knows that is not the truth, and his response was intended to deflect you. It was deliberate, calculated, and was not truthful.

He is fully aware that I have made a claim for compensation on behalf of me, my staff, customers, and Suppliers.

He is aware that I have raised allegations of vindictive and vexatious conduct, in clear breach of CASA stipulated procedures. The allegations were substantial and if upheld those personnel would not be able to remain in the employ of CASA. They have clearly breached the requirements of Administrative Law, Natural Justice, and Procedural Fairness, as well as CASAs, own Regulatory Philosophy, and obligations placed on CASA by the Minister's Statement of Expectations and the PGPA Act.

Mr. Carmody further leads you to believe that I raised allegations against only one individual in CASA and he is fully aware that I have raised allegations of misconduct against Mr. Aleck, Mr. Crawford, and Mr. Martin, as well as two other individuals, although they have since left the employ of CASA. Some of those remaining with CASA sat opposite you in the Chamber yesterday.

Mr. Carmody leads you to believe that the ICC reports to the Board. Whilst that is technically correct, Mr Carmody sits on that Board. Therefore there is effectively a line between Mr. Carmody as the Board Member and CEO of CASA.

Mr. Carmody was fully aware that a Commonwealth Ombudsman's Investigation is underway into my matter and is divided into two phases. He was aware that the Ombudsman has finalized Phase One of his investigation and has found CASA erred and that CASAs error could have caused "detriment" to occur. Phase Two continues. That will investigate the restrictions placed on my ability to trade, and the direction from the CASA Region Manager to my Employer that my continuing employment was untenable. Mr. Carmody is aware that after that CASA direction to my Employer I spent 8 months unemployed and have now been forced out of the industry. I have been left destitute.

Mr. Carmody is fully aware that the findings in Phase One of the Ombudsman's findings subject CASA to the likelihood of a class action based on the economic damage caused to so many.

Mr. Carmody is aware that I allege CASA provided misleading information to the Commonwealth Ombudsman, and that I have submitted evidence in support of that claim. That misleading information provided by CASA to the Ombudsman was clearly not truthful and was designed to impact Phase Two of his investigation. I have called on the Chair of the CASA Board Mr. Anthony Mathews to act with integrity, and come forward with the truth. I am awaiting his decision.

Mr. Carmody is fully aware that I allege the conduct of those personnel has resulted in the closure of several businesses. He is aware that those business owners have lost their business and associated investment. He is aware that dozens of employees lost their employment as a result of misconduct by CASA personnel. He is aware that the conduct of these individuals has impacted on me financially and impacted on my mental and physical well being as well as bringing, and bought unacceptable reputational damage. He is aware that many millions of dollars damage has been bought to approximately 30 entities as a result of the conduct of Messrs, Aleck, Martin, and Crawford.

Thank you for the opportunity you have presented. My hope is that Mr. Carmody can act in a well intentioned and truthful manner, put aside any other temptations, and bring clarity to this matter.

Thank you for your support. Respectfully, Glen Buckley
Glen, all that you say is undoubtedly true. However, Mr Carmody, if further questioned, may simply not ‘recall’ those emails, phone calls or discussions. I also suspect that if after several years of fighting you DO end up with CASA firmly by the balls, they will offer you a generous payout with a confidentially clause and non-disclosure attached. Meanwhile Mr Carmody will fly off into the sunset with a clean sheet and generous Government superannuation package while Dr Aleck and other mentioned acolytes enjoy their ongoing highly remunerated positions at Malfunction Junction.

Either way Glen, you are a damn legend.Never stop fighting.