PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE starting course
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2020, 22:22
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck flying 100 hours per month for free and combining that with a second job. Interesting how long can such people last, even if in their despair now they sign up for something like that. Many enthusiastic chaps think that it's a jolly ride and they won't get tired one bit because they look really sharp in that uniform. Guess what - reality is nothing like that...

The part I agree with is that some of the "right-sizing" happening now was much needed to weed out some people who got the job simply because they had the money to pay for the training. In the last couple of years, plenty of "idiots with a pulse" were indeed hired simply because someone needed to sit in that seat for the aircraft to fly. An airline FO not being able to explain what flaps and slats are for or another one taking out his phone to shoot a video at 500 feet AGL on takeoff while being PF are just two fine examples of people who should have never been where they were. It breaks my heart to say that life turned out to be far from fair once again and many very, very good guys and girls with outstanding knowledge and attitude also lost their jobs in the COVID mess - but what I very much hope for is that common sense will prevail when hiring picks up and those wonderful people get the chances they truly deserve while some others are kept away for the safety of all of us.