PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tv series
Thread: Tv series
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2020, 07:42
Whispering T-Jet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like SBS (SBS = Sex and Bloody Soccer ) as a network and watch their news every night as the only channel that has decent international coverage. That said, I know they are a bunch of lefties and I have to self correct for their news biases and minor editorialising of the news..

Onto "Australia come fly with me" episode one. Somehow the stolen generation was brought into it and while female aviators and systemic sexism were under reported in the past this show over corrects in typical SBS fashion.

Another gripe: So far Ansett has not been mentioned once and whilst they showed and flew around in DC-3 VH-AES, TAA's first plane (now at HARS) no mention was made of the airline (TAA) that represented nearly half of domestic avaition for nearly 50 years, nor was their any look as to why the government formed it, the two airline policy etc etc. Many be this is coming up in episode two but I suspect much of it will be worthy coverage of how flight attendants lead the way on LGBT rights etc. Not that I have objections to that as part of the story per se, it just seems all a bit light weight as a look at 100 years of civil aviation.