PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTE starting course
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2020, 21:28
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I previously said, what has to be on your mind is - how do you bridge a gap of potentially 1-3 years between getting your ticket and gaining employment? If you have a firm and realistic answer to the questions of how to survive financially and how to stay current and knowledgeable during that potential gap - go for it.

However unpleasant the current situation is, it's not the end of aviation. You're looking into potentially spending 40 years or so in that field after the crisis is behind us - and, long-term, that will still be a needed and viable profession. But, as a good aviator, you always need to have a plan B in case things don't go as you wish. Mind it, this will likely not be the only crisis you will have experienced by the end of your career. So, the sooner you work out a meaningful answer to the question "What do I do if flying is not an option for some time to come but I still have to pay my bills?" - the more likely you are to have a relatively trouble-free life long-term.