PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Greater Bay Area
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2020, 21:06
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cxorcist, relax, sometimes a quote is just a quote, it doesn't mean you approve everything the person did or said, obviously. Also I would suggest to judge Marx in context of the times, capitalism was quite different in the 19th century. Without Marx we might not have the more balanced society of today, with legal protection of workers, labor unions or FTL's.

But I am not surprised, looks like in your country a certain group is using marxism as a label for everything and everybody they don't approve (or understand). Which is actually really strange, because I have never met or seen a marxist in my life, and probably neither have you.

Anyway, just saying Hong Kong is far from over, quite the opposite, it will thrive. China is using Hong Kong as a gateway to attract foreign investment, its position as one of the most important global financial centers will not only remain, it will further grow in step with China. The upcoming IPO could become the biggest in world history, in other words the international capital believes in Hong Kong. International talent will continue to be attracted by the huge and ever growing market in the hinterland, and the relative advantages in rule of law, tax and quality of life will endure.

I predict a very prosperous future of Hong Kong, just maybe not with us in it.

Cabbage, I think it's led instead of lead in order to make the joke work. But ok, point taken,

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 19th Oct 2020 at 23:15.