PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My Tornado GR1 cockpit project so far
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2020, 18:48
Jayviator

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Some updates to my project, I think the main panel is near on as complete as it will get, main changes are replaced the MDF repro LH main instrument panel with a genuine Tornado example, the HUD camera, one of the pushbuttons on the LH coaming/eyebrow panel was incorrect, it was a NXT TGT button (next target I think), it should be T.O.O (target of opportunity) and that is now correct. The orange lift dump indicator, I was using a spare indicator which just has black and white strips, but otherwise identical, i just stuck an orange sticker on the front and wrote OL on it, it looked OK from a distance! but that has now been replaced with thee correct item. I have fitted the HUD camera (it's missing the prism thing that slots in he gap in the HUD glass). I think the most striking change is not any nw item, it is the map display which I have found a way to make it illuminated, which gives the impression that it is operational.
Now I really need to construct a framework for it to all attach to, fit the rudder pedals and work on the side consoles, I may eventually add a windscreen as well.

Tornado GR1 cockpit 16.10.2020 by Jason Evans