PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi’s dirty game against its pilots
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2020, 18:25
Lucifer786

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Served them for 9 years as Captain. Last 2 years forced to live in the hell hole called Riyadh. Not ever called to office, never called in sick, not ever had any incident or accident. Flawless training record.
Mother ( who is out of kingdom )falls terminally sick in Feb. I come to visit her on my legal off days in March first week. Can’t get back due global cancellation of flights. In the mean time mom passes away due a combination of factors. I advise Saudia Operations of my moms demise and my inability to return immediately due moms situation and the flight cancellations too. Will be back ASAP with the commencement of flights.
Week later I get a termination letter by email while I’m still at moms home giving me 2 months notice …!!! 👿
But wait. Thats still not the end of it.
I complete my settlement with Saudia and guess what …???!! They did not pay me my basic salary from the day I was out of the kingdom (on my official days off) to my last day of work ie about 3.5 months of basic @ 40K SAR PM …!! 😳

THAT MY friends is the apathy and level of corruption and inhumanity that exists with this Stone Age airline. The airplanes are flying by the will of Allah. As are the operations. MEL’s average 12-13 per airplane. And then they are illegally cancelled out when they expire ! I can go on but I’d rather not.
It has always been a taxi operator for a corrupt camel hearder who if fact couldn’t even afford a taxi.
And it will always be that.
My house help has better working conditions than the ones I did when I was in Riyadh.
And she doesnt have to deal with a hypocritical, patronizing and cheating boss who would need her to get a death certificate for her mom if god forbid she lost her mom while at work …!!! 🤬
Stay away I warn you. Stay very very far away.
I’ve been burnt and burnt bad ! So have a lot of expats out there who won’t complain due to the hope of getting back inshallah.
But from me, you have been warned …