PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost of living in Dubai?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2020, 11:41
WB1900

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by linkebungu
Of course they aren't hiring in a pandemic. Nor did I ever indicate I was interested. The simple question was - the website advertises X per month, I saw places such as Y per month. Just following up on the original question which nobody provided any helpful insight into.

We get it, you're all miserable at Emirates.
3900 usd is quite a lot for rent yes
first question
- single
- married
- married with kids

currently rents became a little cheaper and you will find places
if interested got to RERA rent calculator - it indicates the an area index where the rent sits right in the middle
rents are yearly contracts so if the index changes your rent might change
between 2011 and 2018 for e.g. you had to expect a yearly up by 5%

you might be good for now but if business picks up rent can go up very fast

3900usd equals to roughly 172000aed year
index Marina for a 3 bed app was at around 210000 might be lower now but there is a catch
every rent offer outside of 15% of the index is eligible for increase according to the calculator in the following year
so if u find something for 170000 a year in marina there still other payment

4% security deposit
basic DEWA fee is based on yearly rent
aircondition is quite expensive - on a 3 bed room app it goes easily towards 2kAED(in a villa easy up to 4K) a month depending on your habits
conclusion if u get 3900 a month - max rent should only be about max 140000aed a year to be able to cover the additional costs
further in the costs
most people come there on rent run a loan to furnish the app
Further run a loan for a car -
In general grocery shopping is double than InEuropa for the same amount
Every little entertainment for kids costs and it costs quite a lot - not speak that you and your misses what to enjoy being in Dxb - that’s where a lot of money goes and i am not talking a fancy- for E.g. including the discount in a beach club - with kids it’s about 600aed each time you go

and there goes your salary