PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LFPB RWY 07 go-around
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2020, 08:56
733driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by what next
Hello!

In the aircraft I fly the FMS will do nothing for you at all (and there is no autothrottle or even FADEC). It will have "CLM" as the one and only point of the missed approach procedure. Which means that this procedure has to be flown on "green needles" with several changes of VOR and DME frequencies and associated course settings within a short period of time. The pilot monitoring will be quite busy "on the phone" and occupied with moving levers and switches and not much capacity left to watch what you are doing. And all this below some obstacles shown on the chart in uncomfortably close vicinity. The best possible airmanship is really an early call for a safer procedure.
Absolutely. Especially in cases like yours. I'm surprised your FMS does not have the full MA procedure. Never came across this in 20+ years and multiple different types. Mind telling me what you fly? I'm just curious. I'm in the Latitude but have flown various biz jets with honeywell and Collins FMSs as well as the 737 classic. As far as I can remember the missed approach was usually in the nav data base of all these types.