PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This Friday?
Thread: This Friday?
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2020, 03:56
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mngmt Mole, I did not denigrate Tucker. I said I personally can't listen to him.

You guys prove my point. The very fact that we discuss which anchormen or media outlet is right or wrong shows the diversity and open debate culture. There is no such thing as the media. We have state, left and right wing media, millions of bloggers and self-declared journalists, chat groups, youtube channels etc.Then you have twitter and presential debates, no filter at all. Thousands of press briefings, interviews etc. At no point in the history of mankind have so many people engaged in political debates. There is no dominance of "liberal" media. Tucker has high viewing numbers, you said it yourself. So does Breitbart. Facebook is just an advertising company, you get get to see the ads that match with your profile and whoever pays for you to see them. As far as I recall it was Trump who most successfully used FB during the last election with the help of Cambride Analytika. It is beyond me why anybody would use FB as news source, and again shows the vital and essential role proper news media have.

Slasher, your claim everybody is parotting or part of a system is baseless. Just because politics don't follow your opinion the public isn't necessarily manipulated. The idea there is a shadow power in control of everything and only you see it is text book conspiracy theory. You clearly have extreme right wing opinions, and that is ok, but the controversial discussion we are having right now shows we are not all parotting, or we would not disagree. All you said, from minimum wage to global warming I disagree with. I would go as far as to say we live in different worlds. But it is in places without a debate, without an ugly fight about the truth where one should be much more concerned.

The division proves the freedom and diversity of our society, but is a problem as well, I won't deny that. It shows in here and in politics. But what is the alternative? I take a divided and polarized society over China or Russia any day.There you have people really parotting the state media. That's the difference.

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 15th Oct 2020 at 08:24.