PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2020, 11:02
MANFAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
So now there is pressure from Labour and Sage for a lockdown for 2 weeks over half term. Reminds me of the last lockdown that kept getting extended. Save lives and ignore the economy seems to be the call. When it gets lifted then what. Are we all going back on our travels around the world again for a brief few weeks? Will anything actually change? I am thinking not except more businesses will go to the wall and we will end up with even more eye watering support bills that will have to be paid off.

I was off to South Wales during half term to spend money in the country for a week until I was banned. That’s 7 restaurant meals lost plus 7 trips to 7 safe pubs gone from the Welsh economy. Plan B is to rebook and go to probably Norfolk. Now I dare not book anything with only 10 days to go.

If anyone was thinking of a last minute trip to Europe and a safe country, they won’t be now.

Now let’s look at Christmas, seems a good opportunity for another 2 week lockdown seeing that schools will already be closed. Anyone thinking about booking their Christmas break?
I can see BJ making a U turn and insisting on the circuit breaker, but for how long?!

As for the Christmas holidays, everything is booked for 8 of us to Malaga. All paid for prior to March and as long as flights are operating I will do my best to ensure I go! No quarantine on arrival and when I return I will be homeworking for 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I need to get home to the UK first...