PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-5
Thread: Jet2-5
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2020, 19:43
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonty
That’s a real shame. Jet2 have a reputation for excellent customer service. I hope your friends get their issues sorted with minimal stress.

I have to say my experience of Jet2 could not be better.
I really hope it gets sorted too - but more for Jet2's sake tbh.

I too have heard really good things about Jet2 over the years (sadly, not had the chance to use them myself) and, to their credit, they have been quiet an unsung success story in the Industry over the past few years which is fantastic to see and so I really found it v. odd myself. Seems our friends booked in one place, were changed to another on arrival without notice then were moved to a 3rd I think after "problems" in the 2nd. As I say, not for here to determine details - Jet2 can do that.

But, clearly, it could be locally caused issues with the local hotels etc, etc, etc - that's my gut feel. I guess a possible warning is, in these difficult times, they (Jet2 and others) can't rely on a local supply base (i.e. facilities etc) they have used in the past to come back on line efficiently and to then operate as they used to operate. Their suppliers (the hotels) may need better (more) oversight as things open up until "normality" returns. What you took for granted pre-Covid, may need extra investment (in terms of oversight/mentoring) as things slowly re-open to make sure your suppliers ramp up smoothly while meeting your standards. It sounds like the poor Rep at Hotel 2(?) was dumped in it and needs a medal for at least trying to help.

These are horrendous times to run an airline/travel business and absolutely dire for all staff and those in the associated supply chain. The one thing you need to do is to be really aware, as a front-end supplier like Jet2, of the difficulties your complete supply chain may have as it ramps up. It may not come back on line as quickly/smoothly as you'd like - I'd not be surprised if that may be the case here. Trouble is, those 30 people don't see it that way - they just think Jet2 is rubbish right now - which is probably unfair on Jet2.

Anyway, that's from this weekend - up to Jet2 to take this on board as appropriate. Cheers, H 'n' H