PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2020, 08:10
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pabely
Yes I know where you are coming from, as LLAOL used the same reasoning in the past to justify the new apron.

The best way to think about it is that someone builds a 5 bedroom house but decides to use a bedroom as a study, as it isn't needed as a bedroom. Later the owners decide they now do need 5 bedrooms but want to keep the study. As they already had planning permission to build a 5 bedroom house they just build an extension to give them back 5 bedrooms but without applying for new planning permission.

Now substitute 5 bedrooms for 5 aprons and LLAOL now want a 6th. LLAOL plan to build a new apron to give them a capacity of 18 million passengers except they already have that capacity but then claim it is not needed for 19 million passengers.

As for the owners of the house they now have a 6 bedroom house but claim it only has 5 bedrooms.

The statement that there will be no physical changes is wrong. As I keep saying lies and deception in my opinion, which isn't needed, as a blank piece of paper would be passed by the planners at Luton because they are not willing to say no to any airport planning application.

As for the new apron, it hasn't been approved, as it doesn't need planning permission, even though it has never shown up on any plans submitted to planning to build it.

Last edited by LTNman; 12th Oct 2020 at 13:50.