PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SE IR Query
Thread: SE IR Query
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2020, 17:09
Fl1ingfrog

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
The CAA will do well to retain their "pithiness" when the onslaught starts. If they intend to sit on their backsides whilst spouting excuses for their inaction I won't be surprised but they it seems most certainly they will be. The many who have survived this Covid-19 hell will not be in the mood for procrastination.

If I'm reading this correctly the UK CAA hope to come to some kind of arrangement with EASA by giving 27 foreign countries control over our own licenses and our aviation generally. It will never be the other way round. So, where would that leave UK licences, approvals and aviation? Surely it cannot be thought that UK licenses will be only national with no recognition worldwide. The only answer that I can see is that there is some mutual recognition of each others licenses and approvals but the UK being completely independent will be a block. There is too much for the EASA to give away on the world stage for that to happen.

EASA have never shown any aptitude to mutuality, in fact they resist it. They expect compliance with them in every detail. They resent ICAO but they have no choice but to accept it for the moment. For EASA the ICAO is the FAA in another name. The EASA ambition is to become the world standard and to replace ICAO. A European state such as the UK maintaining a world wide independent aviation industry will be a problem for EASA none the less. The EASA method to deal with difficulty is to push it as far into the future that it can. This has the secondary benefit of maintaining pointless employment for it's executive.

Last edited by Fl1ingfrog; 11th Oct 2020 at 20:40.