PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA @ Edinburgh shambles this evening.
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2020, 17:28
BA318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
Even our Tristars of 1973 ''vintage'' had their own airstairs and built-in on board bulk baggage conveyors -
The 1-11's had front & rear stairs, all had a nice punchy APU so all you needed was a low flat bed baggage truck for the bags and a few lads of 'bulk' muscle - although sometimes we had to load the bags ourselves with the FD & the CC helping out if it all went tits up down route and ''El we no-worko, Manana'' was in force.

To the OP I would complain especially, even if you (like me) are a lowly Blue BA Exec Club member - I would want/expect 10-15000 Avios deposited in my account for the inconveniences.
10 minutes to wait for steps is bad enough, but almost an hour's wait on an hours flight is wholly almost inexcusable, and unacceptable.

I had 2 instances of shocking ground handling on BA Club Europe flights going back to LHR both at Mykonos airport (Swissport) in the past 2 summers and I made constructive non-whining complaints to the No.1 CC who dealt with and recorded the matter superbly (hence that is why I fly BA) plus a follow up email to C-R and I got 10 and 15000 miles on each occasion.

How we boarded and loaded planes in the old days - Part 1

How we boarded and loaded planes in the old days - Part 2

BA had left their steps in the way so our DC-9 could not go forward on to the Jetty - we lowered the airstairs

If we had moved the BA steps they would have kicked off - If we had called BA Ramp on the phone and waited for their chaps to come out (from their dens 50 yards away) and move them we would have waited ummm for ages...
We would call BAA Ramp Ops and report the misdemeanor of BA leaving equipment on stand.
those days of BA splashing the Avios for complaints are long gone. In the past you’d get 10,000 Avios for complaining about no choice of sandwich. Now you get a copy and paste reply to most complaints. You certainly won’t get anywhere near 10,000 Avios (unless perhaps you’re an important customer).