PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Last A380 Leaves Assembly Hall
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2020, 09:30
Volume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ohnutsiforgot
I wonder when engine technology would have delivered so that a twin 380 would have been feasible.
It is relatively simple maths, if you want to have the required thrust the engine will have such a large diameter, that the real challange will be designing the landing gear. It is a bit like the 737 Max issue... To accomodate an engine that large, you probably have to do a high wing design typically not popular with passenger aircraft customers.

Originally Posted by srjumbo747
They went ahead with this project knowing it would fail.
Originally Posted by Tartiflette Fan
I would be interested if you could document this .
Just saw an older report from the A380 rollout on TV the other day...
Statement from Charles Champion : "Everybody told us we would fail, but we proved them wrong"
...maybe...

As a passenger I will really miss to bo on board of one, and will be more than happy to no longer cueue up with 500+ fellow passenge at check-in, security, boarding, immigration, or the baggage belt...
A lot of airports killed this projects as much as all the other negative aspects did. Some never managed to manage that large aircraft. All they did was installing additional jetways and putting up big "A380 ready" signs, but never touched the real bottlenecks.