PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The F-35 thread, Mk II
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2020, 15:12
T28B
Administrator

Received 286 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnDixson
I posted the AF Magazine Daily Report article in the F-35 vs C130 thread and the powers that be moved it here. The reason I posted it there was this section:
"The second main cause was the tail flight control surfaces “conflicting” with the pilot’s apparently correct efforts to recover the jet after it bounced on the runway, a problem the Air Force said was a “previously undiscovered anomaly in the aircraft’s flight control logic.” The plane and pilot “quickly fell out of sync,” as the flight computer commanded nose down while the pilot commanded nose up, attempting to abort the landing and go around. Sensing that he was being “ignored” by the airplane, the pilot ejected, sustaining significant but non-life-threatening injuries.
"
While the article clearly has import in this thread, It is possible that this particular factor, or a variation on it, may have been part of the 35/130 meeting. Just supposing.. Maybe a copy can be posted over there?

JohnDixson is online now Report Post
John: I'll edit the post I made to alert people of the move, and quote the bit you think is a connection. Thanks for following up.