PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice
Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2020, 06:57
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts
As others have said, you have very transferable skills for GA maintenance. However, if you really want to impress a potential employer, it might not be a bad idea to have a look at the mechanical side / structures ( I assume you would wish to become Avionics which, given your background, would be a logical path ) and ask questions that demonstrate you have an overall idea as to how aircraft are maintained and the integration of both disciplines. Basic theory of flight knowledge would also show you have a serious interest ....they wouldn't expect you to know the detail, but would be impressed if you showed a basic understanding.....well I would if I were interviewing you.

There's also one little adage you may find helps...." if a car breaks down, you pull over and call the AA / RAC..if an aircraft breaks down, you make the front page "....try and let them know you are aware of the concept and practices of Flight Safety because it underpins all your work and if you can show you are already aware, then again, your chances will be greatly enhanced.