PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expenses after License (ATPL)
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2020, 16:00
gbotley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those who dream seldom remove rose tinted spectacles.

No one is blowing off steam, they’re just in disbelief I would guess.

I completed an integrated course a few years back and let me tell you... I was mad putting up that investment back then given no guarantee of a job, but the industry was booming. It took me over a year to get to the right hand seat. The job market while booming, was damn slow. Sim capacity was maxed out. In today’s climate though, you’d be insane to risk so much.

Spit, we’re not being unhelpful to you, you’re simply noticing we’re not giving you the answers you want to hear. There’s a clear difference. You need to be a realist in this industry to survive.

Can you realistically see yourself being paid to fly for any aviation related employer in the capacity of pilot within the next 2 to 3 years? I think you already know the answer but you continue to head down that dead end path.

Don’t ask questions if you don’t want useful answers from those with insight. Personally, would I recommend an integrated course right now? No way!

It’ll be a hell of a lot easier to service debt you may already have, than to continue and service the final sum with little to show for it. My debt is over £100k, I am lucky to still be in a job. As a poster above alludes, I too have also taken a 50% pay cut. You’ll be lucky to earn above £20k to be a new pilot for quite some time. I barely cover my expenses anymore!

Could I have foreseen this covid pandemic, no. Should you continue with knowledge of its existence, no.

Hopefully you get the gist, but what the heck.., it’s your; or someone else’s money that you’re putting on the line. If it’s the latter; I pray they’re informed on the risks.