PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expenses after License (ATPL)
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2020, 09:09
s4ex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spid

I am wondering what kind of Cessna does Your school use, that it requires a typer rating ? (While DA42 is a complex aircraft, I don't think it requires TR either)... Sorry for the irony, couldn't help myself.

Objectively answering Your question:
  • roughly, I'd say 3000 EUR on yearly basis to cover for medical, IR/MEP/SEP revalidation and additional expenses on small Hour Building, training software and else.
  • If You are expecting to get the Type Rating straight ahead, then some significant sum to revalidate that, but I don't know the costs of revalidating TR. Possibly another several K of EUR

Sorry, but I cannot keep my subjective views to myself this time. It is very weird, that being in the middle of Integrated course, You don't know the answers. Part-FCL clearly explains all the license validity periods, difference between Class and Type, medical requirements. These topics are covered in Air Law as well. Airline vacancy descriptions usually list the requirements for the licenses, so You can match these with Part-FCL recency and figure out exactly how much will You need (minimum) to do this, then add extra for risk. Shouldn't be more than several hour internet research to come-up with approximate numbers which match Your situation. Being so eager to join airline industry in short amount of time You should be motivated to do these kind of research all day long and not ask questions on the forum, where most of the answers still be subjective. I guess the reason You are asking and not researching is because if someone tells You the number, and it doesn't meet Your expectations, then it will be easy to keep hope that person is just wrong, and it might be better than that, but if You do Your own math based on real researched facts, then it will be a real thing and You'll have to change the plan which is harder than just hope.

Nobody is trying to discourage You or telling to give up on Your dream. But people do tell facts, and I suggest You to be reasonable with Your choice. As far as I could figure out from different posts Your main goal is to get license as fast as possible. You can do this with modular course, alright. The difference is that You'll have to plan and organize all the stuff by Yourself. But I have seen people going through all modules in 2 Years. They could have done it faster if we had a better weather here in Eastern Europe . Anyway the point is - Modular doesn't mean slower. Modular means - more flexible, no uniform and fancy cadetship, more self-discipline, a lot of decision-making and change of plans. Don't be afraid of that, and You'll be where You want to be . After all the last 3 skills are what's really matters in the cockpit.