PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Last A380 Leaves Assembly Hall
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2020, 03:24
BEA 71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has not totally disappeared from the skies, saw this one flying over Munich a month ago. There have been a lot of negative
comments in this thread. I am not a great Airbus admirer, and never managed to travel on a A 380, but have seen a flight
display after a name giving ceremony, and could not believe my eyes when I saw how agile this aircraft was. It was not built
for a beauty contest, but at the time it was introduced, it was a money maker on the routes it was built for. A very good example
was the Singapore-London sector, where 747īs sometimes were lacking the range, and had to stop at Frankfurt for refuelling.
It could also carry the load of two smaller size aircraft which was a great relief on this particular route. Never ever did I hear a
passenger making bad comments about this aircraft, everybody loved to fly on it. Emirates owes much of its success to the
A 380. Given the present conditions and restrictions, it probably guarantees services to some key destinations for a while. I
remember a top manager at British Airways saying that if it was up to him, the airline would only operate B 787 and A 380 air-
craft. The 787 for the thinner routes, the A 380 for high density routes. No one could know that there would be circumstances
like we have them today. And I fear we will have them for a long time.