PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African Airways. The end.
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2020, 11:48
wheelbarrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuelflow

While I understand your sentiment, having lived and worked there for a number of years, I tend to agree with some of the negative sentiments you have aroused! Surely you cannot consider that only African (and by this you infer black) pilots should be considered as the future of SAA. On what grounds do you base this? Yes you were disadvantaged under Apartheid, but so were the 'Coloured' and Indians so why do you exclude them from your numbers? That is surely a demonstration of the racial intolerance that you hold, and does you no favours in trying to be heard on an international forum!
My belief is that all ethnicities in SA are 'African', with a shared interest in the prosperity and stability of the country. Until you let go of the injustices of the past and decide to all (including the white citizens) get together and work to make the best of SA, then not much will be achieved.
By the implicit threat of continuing racism, albeit in a reverse direction, then those who still hold a lot of the financial power (i.e. whites) will be very adverse to relinquishing their positions.